Friday, May 6, 2011

Feliz Seis de Mayo!!!!!



Today is Seis de Mayo, which along with the day after Thanksgiving, the 5th of July, and the 18th of March, is among the most hungover days of the year. Luckily for you, I've got heaterzz that'll cure that headache right up and get you JACKED UP for the weekend

"Save The World (Darren L Edit)" - Swedish House Mafia
Here's a cleaner version of the epic Heater dropped by Swedish House Mafia that I posted last week, "Save The World"

"The Golden Age" - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
Here's that awesome song from the Heineken commercial. Old School jazz/big band/swing music here, and the girl's voice is phenomenalll, and she's definitely NOT ugly


Here's the video for you cave dwellers who don't know what I'm talking about


"Sleepyhead (Neo Tokyo Remix)" - Passion Pit
Very well done dubstep remix of an awesome song. Great energy, Passion Pit is a lot like Chromeo in that they sound realllly good with dubstep

"Miami Penthouse" - Alex Gaudino
HEATTERRRRR!!! This song is not for chilling. This song is for getting down on the dflooo. Great synth and bass work

"Levels" - Avicii
This song has been floating around for a while now, originally labeled as "ID." LT posted it a while back here. Some have already labeled it as the song of 2011 but I have a feeling the young Swede has got more tricks up his sleeve...

"Disco Rangers" - Skrillex
I'm not a huge Skrillex fan as most are, but this song is pretty effin' legit. There's no denying that Skrillex goes hard. I think when I hear "disco rangers" I have this strange nostalgic feeling for my childhood heroes, the Power Rangers. Speaking of which, has anyone ever noticed how racist they are? Black ranger is a black guy...yellow ranger is an asian girl...I'm rambling now, but get this song if you feel like partying



"Silly Girl (Neon Hitch vs. Wiz Khalifa)" - Brenton Duvall
Duvall at it again. Absolutely SICK mashup/remix. Can't wait til this kid starts making his own beats

"Alligator Sky" - Owl City feat. B.o.B.
This one will hit the radio waves soon enough, and for good reason, really up beat poppy feel

"Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) (Almighty club Mix)" - Katy Perry
Anytime Katy my lady gets a techno/club remix, it is a recipe for epicness. This one is no different

"America (Fuck Yeah!)" - Trey Parker
In honor of our beloved nation and its recent victory against the terrorist mastermind known as Obama Osama bin Laden. AMERICA!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!



"Hightops" - Damn Right!
So I went to check out this band called Papdosio downtown last week, and these guys opened up for them. Let me tell you, they are SICKK!!! Seriously these guys throw a party on the dflo. My best description of them is a blend of the New Deal and Pretty Lights. This jam "Hightops" is legit one of the best songs I've heard in a while

"California Love" - Tayyib Ali
Great beat, love the sampling, TA's flow is great as well

"Don't Stop A Derezzed Teenage Dream" - Ryan Benincasa
Here's a special treat for you. For my Technosonics class, we were instructed to put together a mashup as a final project using Garage Band. Here is what I put together..it's not professional sounding because I don't have the resources necessary for that, but it's pretty decent. At least I would like to think so...I got an A on it after all...#winning

"Broken Lungs (Adventure Club Dubstep Remix)" - Thrice
This is what dubstep should sound like

No comments:

Post a Comment